- Typeface: New Times Roman
- Point size: 12
- Left aligned
- At least one-inch margins
Journal title, volume and issue number, month and year centered at the top of the first page:
Iranian Studies, volume 38, number 1, March 2005
- Author byline left aligned and italicized
- Article title left aligned; bold; point size 14
- Author details are set as an un-numbered first footnote at the bottom of the opening page.
- If aligning words over several lines (e.g. to illustrate parallel syntactical structures), please indent the words using tabs not the space bar.
- The first line of a new section should not be indented. All other paragraphs within a section should be indented. Use Word auto-formatting:Format/Paragraph/Indents and Spacing/Indentation/Special/First Line
- Block quotes (quotation 40+ words) should be indented from the general text.
- Footnotes should be set in point size 10; first line indented (use Word auto-formatting).
- Footnote numbering in the text should be placed after the full point at the end of a sentence.
- Sub-headings should not be numbered.
Level-A: Set on a line above the section; left aligned; italicized; all key words begin with a capital:
Patriarchal Logic and Modernity
The Iranian Revolution has led to important changes in political, social, economic and demographic structures.
Level-B: Set at the beginning of the first line of a new section; left aligned; italicized; initial capital only; full point after the heading:
The privatisation proposal. We start with the privatisation proposal, because this allows us to underline some of the basic concepts regarding the ownership, control, and modes of operation of oil industry.
Level-C: Set at the beginning of the first line of a new section; indented; italicized; initial capital only; full point after the heading:
Ownership of reserves and control of oil rents. Iranian oil reserves, and Middle East oil reserves in general, have two important peculiarities - first, they come in huge fields, and second the cost of production is extremely low compared to other regions.